Spectral Eclipse : Broken Dreams in a Shiny Future
You are a shaper.
A shaper of Empires, a shaper of Armies
A shaper of Fortunes, or Minds
A Maker of Objects and devices, or maybe you Shaped your own body to perfection.
A shaper of destiny?
But who shaped your soul?
The galaxy is a bright, wondrous place, but your dream world is on the verge of the abyss. Every story, every dream has two sides.
And now the darker side wants a piece of the pie. The Singing Star has foretold of their coming; They, the Dreamers. They, the Forgotten. The Dead Memes. All the parts of human soul and alien emotions that have been shredded apart and thrown away, hidden behind the veils of Death. Behind the black holes and the Dark Matter.
But they are coming back. As dreams. Nightmares. And someone is helping them. Someone is shining the beacon. Someone is making horrible melds of psychic remnants and battle armour. Someone is killing your dreams.
Why? What can the undead dream of?
You are a Shaper: An Emperor, General, Tekmage, Soul Fixer or DNA thief. You had a destiny. You remember that much.
But who stole your dreams?
A 182 pages Illustrated rulebook for the Spectral Eclipse ectoverse
Spectral Eclipse is a science-fiction role-playing game set a thousand years in the future. Humans have explored far and wide, settled planets, conquered alien races. Today this uneasy alliance of species is living in relative peace; genetic engineering and cloning have made life a trivial matter. But lately, something odd has been going on. The people are uneasy. A few clones have gone berserk. The Tiger People, gifted psionicists, have gone into hiding. Even shadows seem to move on their own.
In Spectral Eclipse, players take on the role of citizens of the far future; humans, androids, genetically modified beings, near-immortal clones, artificial intelligences or aliens of many kind. They may begin play as unimportant, desperate adventurers, but can grow to become rulers of entire planets, invincible super-human warriors, or ageless owners of corporations spanning lightyears.
Book 1 of Spectral Eclipse contains all the information necessary to begin a Spectral Eclipse campaign, where the player’s Shapers stake a claim on the Universe, and fight back at the oddities gnawing at its edge. It includes:
- An introduction to the Spectral Eclipse universe and some of its inhabitants, and stats for the Mylos system, the center of the Fey Frontier
- Timeline to the Eclipse
- Technology, weapons, equipment, and starter nanotech tricks
- The Universal Laws for clones and Artificial Beings
- A rules-light system for task resolution and a very flexible experience & reward system
- Very fast and lethal combat rules – that can be customized for every character!
- Rules & cardset for the Holding game, a “pocket empire” game-in-a-game that is fully integrated with the character level of role-playing!
- An original and in-depth point-based character creation system – lets you generate everything about a character; origin, destiny, Holding all the way to dreams
and personality! It’s impossible to generate a bland, generic space marine or
diplomat with these rules.
- Rules for Bright and Dark Fates – events that let the player make his character live up
to its archetype! Fates let the player decide what happens at dramatic moments;
It’s like deus ex machina, without cheating!
- Description of skills, mental and physical diseases, genetic and technological character improvements, experience (benefit) rules and more
- Black & white illustrations, 3D art and stories
- An introduction to the darker side including a primer on the
Beautiful Dreamers, creatures that are corrupting the soul of the Frontier.This download includes a free 3DSMax model of the Schizm Interceptor starship.
Here is what five imaginary friends have said about Spectral Eclipse:
“It’s like Star Wars meets the Lathe of Heaven!”
“It’s like Captain Kirk against Freddy Kruger!”
“Is this like Monopoly? I want to be the top hat!”
“How dare you call me a dead Meme? The wedding’s off, buster!”
“Sometimes, a light saber is just a light saber, Anna!” – Sigmoïd Freund
Can five made up friends be wrong?
To ensure you get your money’s worth, Enigmachine provides free monthly updates to all who purchased this product through RPGNow’s Revision System.
If you have a tweak, an errata or designs you would like to share, please let us know!